Question: We would like an explanation about some of the recommended etiquettes of fasting, so we can benefit [by putting them into practice].
Response: From the recommended etiquettes of fasting is to delay the sahoor (pre-dawn meal), such that he finishes it just before the arrival of [the time of] Fajr, and to hasten in breaking the fast [at the time of Maghrib]. Also, from the recommended acts is to increase in:
- the remembrance of Allaah;
- the tasbeeh (uttering [سبحان الله]);
- the tahleel (uttering [لا إله إلا الله]);
- the tahmeed (uttering [الحمد لله]);
- the recitation of the Qur.aan;
- do various types of good deeds – the greatest of them being the taraaweeh prayer, and to maintain it [throughout the month of Ramadhaan].