Dishonestly taking something


Question: He received compensation from the government amounting to 4,000 Riyals – and claimed it using a forged document in compensation for flood [damage]; So [now] he says, “what should I do with this sum of money which I have dishonestly [claimed and subsequently] received?”

Response: He should not take it; he should [instead] return it to the department which issued it [to him] and tell them this is not permissible for me [to take].

He is a graduate of the Islaamic University of Madeenah, having graduated from the Institute of Arabic Language, and later the Faculty of Sharee'ah in 2004. He currently resides in Birmingham, UK.

Related posts