Reference: Fataawa Ramadhaan – Volume 2, Page 741, Fatwa No.751
al-Muntaqaa min Fatawaa ash-Shaykh Saalih Ibn Fowzaan – Volume 3, Fatwa No.156
Question: What are the good and desired actions [specified] for the blessed month of Ramadhaan?
Response: The good and desired actions [specified] for Ramadhaan are many, amongst them [are]: Taking care in performing that which Allaah has made obligatory in Ramadhaan and [the] other [months] from the salaah (prayer) and the fasting. After that, increasing in the voluntary [actions] from:
- reading the Qur.aan;
- [performance of] the taraaweeh prayer;
- [performance of] the tahajjud (night) prayer;
- giving charity;
- i’tikaaf (seclusion in the masjid to worship Allaah);
- increasing in [the] remembrance [of Allaah];
- reciting subhaan-Allaah (glory be to Allaah), laa-ilaaha ill-Allaah (there is none truly worthy of worship except Allaah), Allaahu Akbar (Allaah is the Greatest);
- sitting in the masjid for the purpose of worship;
- protecting the fast from [all] that may invalidate it;
- keeping away from impermissible and disliked speech and actions.