Reference: Fataawa Ramadhaan – Volume 2, Page 672, Fatwa No.674
Fataawa al-Lajnah ad-Daa.imah lil-Buhooth al-`Ilmiyyah wal-Iftaa. – Fatwa No.12128
Question: What are the best days for voluntary fasting and the best months for discharging the Zakaah?
Response: The best days for voluntary fasting are:
- Monday and Thursday [of every week];
- The 13th, 14th and 15th days of each lunar month;
- The 9th day of Dhul-Hijjah, and particularly the Day of ‘Arafah;
- The 10th day of Muharram (‘Aashooraa) in addition to fasting the day before it or the day after it;
- Six days during the month of Shawwaal.
As for the Zakaah, then it is to be discharged in any month – after the passing of a complete year, and once the wealth has reached the minimum amount upon which Zakaah is liable.
And with Allaah lies all the success, and may Allaah send prayers and salutations upon our Prophet Muhammad ﷺ and his family and his companions.